Builders Exchange of Kentucky offers many services and benefits to firms in the industry. The list below, while not comprehensive, gives a recap of the primary services that are offered. Contact the Exchange for additional information.
1. The Exchange provides an online planroom where members can access all of our construction project information 24 hours a day, 7 day a week. Plans, specs and addenda may also be viewed online. The Exchange includes the most comprehensive coverage of Kentucky and Southern Indiana and reports on approximately 3,000 commercially bidding projects annually as well as hundreds of leads on projects not yet out for bid.
2. The Exchange provides plan rooms in Louisville and Lexington where members may review plans and specs that are on file. Plan Room hours are 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday Through Friday.
3. Plans may be taken out of the plan room for overnight and weekend use on a reservation basis. Plans reserved may be picked up between 4:15 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. and must be returned by 8:30 A.M. the next day except for the weekend period.
4. Printers and copiers are available for printing sheets of specifications at a nominal charge.
5. The online planroom produces a customizable nightly update report which lists new projects, addenda and bid date extensions that are received each day. This report is e-mailed to members each evening to keep them updated on the projects they are interested in.
6. The Exchange is interested in obtaining plans and specs on all work for the Plan Room. If you are aware of a project that we do not have, please advise us with the project details at email@example.com and we will attempt to secure the project.
7. Ad space is available in our monthly e-newsletter. Contact our office for details.
8. Our website may be used to advertise items for sale, announcements, positions open and seminars or classes related to construction.
9. A group Insurance Program which offers health, life, disability and other lines of coverage for salaried and hourly paid personnel is available to member firms. There are participation requirements. This provides you with rates often only available to large employers.
10. A very successful self-insured workers compensation program is available to member firms. There are participation requirements.
11. Members have exclusive access to a variety of discounts through Builders Exchange Affiliate Programs.
12. Seminars are held periodically to assist our members on topics which are important to them.
13. Training Rooms are available to member firms, architects, engineers and construction associations on a reservation basis. Architects and engineers are specifically invited to use the room for pre-bid conferences and bid openings.
14. The Exchange maintains a liaison with numerous other construction industry organizations.
15. The Exchange sponsors multiple events every year, including a Summer Golf Outing in Louisville, a Keeneland Tailgate in Lexington and an annual Members' Gala for member firms and their guests.